MY BLOG IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION...!!!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Interview with Karen Dee

 Karen Dee's debut book got accepted by Precious Pages Corporation last November. Here's a brief interview with her.



1.) Tell me something about your first book.
The title of my first book is "Age is only a Number." Basically, we are very fond of the ideal relationship wherein the boy is older than a girl. So my story here is about a lady bounded by her past love life. Her life was focused on her career when he met a guy, who is a friend of his little brother. She doesn't want to be accompanied by him but the guy didn't want to leave her alone...

2.) How long did it take you to write it?
Three or four days. I forgot.

3.)What was your initial reaction when it got accepted?
I was surprised...I'm speechless. I felt the need to read the acceptance notice again and again. I couldn't absorb the fact that my manuscript was accepted.

4.)Where do you get your inspirations?
First of all, I really wanted to write. It was my passion ever since I'm in Elementary. I was dreaming of becoming a writer someday but never really imagined that I can be at this point of time! My very true friend was the one who lighted the way for me. She told me about her manuscript being accepted and encouraged me to submit mine too. And so, I did. My other inspiration was my sister. She is indeed my number one fan. I am very grateful for her - for not being tired on reading my manuscripts and giving me more encouragements to pursue my writing.

5.)Any future plans for your writing career?
I have so many plans!! I wanted to write a book of my own. I wanted to write a true-to-life story book and something inspirational. But I guess, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!!!!Sana ako din matanggap.Mtagal ko na talaga itong hinihingi kay lord.Sana matupad na ngayong 2010.

Yasmin Joo said...

anonymous-->

Good luck! may pinasa ka nang manuscript? sana nga matanggap na. pa-interview din ha, pag natanggap na yong sayo??? hehehe...

Yasmin Joo said...

Karen Dee, just want to congratulate you! Out na book mo last week...*wink*

KC said...

Hey! Thanks!!! Really. I apprecitae this so much ^_^

Post a Comment