MY BLOG IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION...!!!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Interview with Mei Sanchez

Mei Sanchez was the sole finalist of PHR's 3rd Romance Writing Contest. Her winning piece "Sa Pagitan ng Dalawang Rosas" was published on July 29, 2009. Her other books are  "Huling Mahal" and "The Boy Next Door". I had a chance to interview this talented and very down-to-earth woman.

1.) How did you discover your passion in writing?

I discovered my passion in writing when I joined PHR's 3rd Romance Writing Contest. It was only that time I found out that writing gives me joy and profound fulfillment. That's also why I'm thankful for the contest because I was able to discover a part of me I thought never existed.

2.)You won PHR's contest last year. Who motivated you to join?

Actually, I didn't really win, I was only a sole finalist. To tell you the truth, the prize motivated me to join. ^-^ You see, I'm a full time mom and housewife, so the cash prize will do me good. But through the contest, I'm now embracing and loving the life of a writer with its ups and down.

3.)What was your initial reaction when you found out you won?

When it came to my attention that I was the sole finalist, I was surprised. I was thankful to God for the new found talent. Who would've guess that a middle aged home maker can start a career in writing?

4.)Any writing tips for the aspiring writers out there?

Dear ones, never stop dreaming and believing. Before writing, READ and STUDY a book. You might pick-up pointers on the writer's style. Also, don't lose heart when you receive a rejection because it's a vital part of being a writer. Why vital? Because through it, you will learn and strive harder to have an approved MS. Keep on writing and love it. Let your imagination run wild because it will help your fingers type your stories. ; P

3 comments:

Better Than Coffee said...

ay.. very nice idea! pwede bang makapag-request ng martha cecilia. she's my favorite author, at matagal na akong walang naririnig mula sa kanya. please.. please.. pretty please!

Yasmin Joo said...

hello ate nobe!
thanks for reading...

try ko po kung magkakapag-reply po siya...
hehe

♥khaye♥ *Karen Cambangay* said...

wow! ang galing... naiintriga ako dun sa "sa pagitan ng dalawang rosas".. nung nakita ko sa finalist yung title nyan, talagang napa-"ANO KAYA UN?" ako.,,hehe thanks for sharing yas!

Post a Comment