MY BLOG IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION...!!!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Walk to Beat the Block

For almost three months, I had been struck by the Writer's block. Just when I needed to write most, words seemed to abandon me.
I was desperate to find the cure. But I guess I just got too lazy to write. Every time I thought of sitting in front of my laptop, part of my mind told me I was tired and all. This month of January, I finally found a way to fight the “I’m not a good writer” stuff. So, what did I do?

Walk!

Yes, I took a walk. Each day, I wake up at 4:30 in the morning. I write for about an hour. After that, I take my snickers and walk for a mile or two.

Why does it help?

Walking:

- Exercises the brain by increasing the blood circulation, oxygen, and glucose to it.

- Improves memory.

-Improves your ability to make decisions, solve problems, and focus.

- The calming effect of walking quiets the mind enough to let clear thoughts merge.

- Increases creativity (stimulates imagination and creative thought).


Yes! Exercising does not only benefit the body but also the brain. So why don't you tie up your shoes and start walking now?

3 comments:

♥khaye♥ *Karen Cambangay* said...

woah! didn't know that! thanks for sharing!!! I will definitely start waking up early and do some walking!!! :D

Yasmin Joo said...

yup!
you should start walking now... it's very relaxing. promise!

Anonymous said...

I think I should try it too.. I can't write properly for monthssssssssssT_T

Post a Comment